One of the biggest myths about self-care is, it has to cost a lot of money. If you have been rocking with me for a little bit then you already know that I am a HUGE fan of self-care. Self-care in its simplest form is doing those things that help refill your mental, emotional, spiritual and sometimes physical cups.
As we continue to enter into the holiday season, you may be looking for some additional ways to add a little more self-care into your days without breaking the bank. Here are a few ideas that touch on each of those areas of our cups.
Practicing Self Care for FREE
1. Make yourself a nice breakfast/lunch/dinner. Nothing says loving like a good meal that makes you smile. The real tip? Take the time to actually enjoy each and every bite. No rushing through, or scarfing down. Really take the time to savor each bite 🥰
2. Take a mental Health day. Yes, take the day off from work or school and recharge. Sleep in, read a book, go for a walk, do whatever refills you.
3. Turn up the heat. Try to do the things that make you feel like you are being hugged. Making yourself a warm cup of coffee or tea. Snuggling under a blanket, sit by a fire or even use a heating pad. Get creative in warming the body to help ease stress and anxiety.
4. Cool on down. Similar with turning up the heat adding a little coolness to alert the senses like an early morning walk. Early morning walks are low impacted while giving you the opportunity to be in nature. The added bonuses? Fresh air and sunshine!
5. Plug in. There are many reasons to unplug these days. But there are also instances where plugging into the right things can be a form of self-care. Plugging into things such as Yoga videos on YouTube or Guided Meditation Apps are an amazing way to add a little movement, centering and gratitude into your day.
Truth Be Told
Self-care can be ANYTHING and everything as long as it fills our cups. The main thing to remember especially right now is taking time + space for ourselves is a necessity. It is a nonnegotiable. Its one of those things we really can’t afford to not do. And with there being so many self- care practices that can be done without cost, there simply isn’t an excuse not to indulge.
As the days get colder, what self-care practices have you been indulging in lately? I have been snuggling up on the couch with lots of hot chocolate, marshmallows + my favorite books.
Also! Dont forget, the 4 Days of Gratitude Series started today!! It is not too late to sign up
What is the series? Starting TODAY (12/21) I will be sending out a daily email for the next 4 days tapping deeper into GRATITUDE. Each email will include a guided meditation by yours truly that is 15 min or less. These meditations are downloadable + can be done whenever you are needing to feel more grounded.
How do I sign up? Click here to register
What’s the catch? There isn’t one. No cost, no obligation, just a gift from me to you.