If you don’t know anything about me by now, know this. I LOVE an easy throw together meal. And if that meal can be one of those comforting meals, then we are really hitting on all cylinders. Now while a pasta dish is essentially mandatory at least once a week in my household. I have to admit I have made this particular one 2-3 times in one week before. It really is that easy and delicious.
So think “spaghetti” but make it fashion. This dish is both nutritious and can be made with simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. I also love that this sauce can really be different each time you make it by switching an ingredient here or there. Whether you use fresh ingredients or dry, you really cant go wrong on the flavor. Pair with a nice red wine. Chef’s kiss, you’re done!
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- (2) 10oz mixed cherry tomatoes
- (1) tbs Italian Seasoning
- (3) Garlic Cloves chopped
- (1) large shallot thinly sliced
- (1) tsp onion powder
- (2) tbs oregano
- (1) tbs sugar
- (2) tbs butter (room temp)
- 1) tbs kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Vegan Parmesan
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice tomatoes into halves and combine with onion, oregano, garlic, onion powder, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper in glass oven safe container.
- Toss and coat. Arrange tomatoes in single layer in pan
- Place in oven for 15 min. Stir and continue to cook for a total of 30 more min, stirring every 15 min until the tomatoes begin to fall apart and caramelize and the ingredients start to turn golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta per the box instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Put pasta in large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of room temp butter and toss to coat.
- Add the tomato sauce
- Optional add a little pasta water. Top with fresh herbs. Sprinkle with Parmesan.